CLERICAL SEXUAL ABUSE OF MINORS
THIS SERVICE IS PROVIDED FOR THE PROTECTION OF MINORS AND
TO ASSIST IN HEALING THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN SEXUALLY ABUSED BY A PRIEST.
THROUGH THIS PAGE, YOU MAY INQUIRE IF THERE HAS BEEN REASON TO SUSPECT
THAT A PRIEST OF THE ARCHDIOCESE OF CHICAGO MAY HAVE ABUSED A MINOR.
What we need from you to respond to your request:
In the form below, we will ask you to provide:
- the name of the priest;
- the name of a parish or ministry where he may serve/have served
-- as well as, if possible -- the dates of that service;
- your name;
- your complete mailing address; and
- the reason for your request or other comment.
What the Archdiocese of Chicago will provide in response:
- Within two weeks, you will receive a written response by mail
from the Office of the Chancellor about an individual priest.
- The overwhelming majority of priests serving in the Archdiocese
of Chicago have never been accused of sexually abusing a child
- so, only their ordination date and current assignment will be
noted in the written response.
- If you inquire about a priest against whom the archdiocesan
process has found reasonable cause to suspect that sexual abuse
of a minor occurred, that fact will be described in the written
response. The response will also include the priest's current
status and the actions taken.
- The Archdiocese will not respond to anonymous inquiries, to
inquiries concerning more than one priest per request, or to inquiries
with incomplete information.
here to complete the Inquiry Form
TO REPORT SEXUAL ABUSE OF A MINOR, PAST OR PRESENT,
BY A PRIEST- OR TO FIND OUT HOW TO REPORT THIS ABUSE DIRECTLY
TO THE CIVIL AUTHORITIES, PLEASE
FIND OUT MORE ABOUT RECENT EFFORTS OF THE ARCHDIOCESE OF CHICAGO
TO RESPOND TO THE ISSUE OF SEXUAL ABUSE OF CHILDREN BY CLERGY,
This service can also be accessed:
- BY PHONE at 312/-7740;
- BY FAX to 312/867-8790; OR
- BY LETTER to INFORMATION REQUEST, Office of the Chancellor,
Archdiocese of Chicago, P.O. Box 1979, Chicago, IL 60690.